Tuesday 2 December 2014

JEWEL IN THE PALACE.....(GHAR KA CHIRAG)



Feeling, seeing, hearing, tasting and smelling these are not only the senses to analyze the outer world but more than that. All these senses have strong connection with our past too. I always wonder when I get a kind of 'smell' it makes me feel nostalgic. I am sure everyone has these experiences, as the smell of fresh cut grass reminds of my childhood when I used to play in playground with my pals.


Ghar ka Chirag (Jewel in the Palace) a Korean drama series has many such meanings for me. This used to broadcast in DD National Channel (2007) on Saturdays and Sundays in hindi.
It is my mother's all-time favourite and my whole family used to watch it with her. There were many Indian drama there but this had some special place for her.  So, when I googled it few days back those all old memories flashed in front of my eyes. She was very fond of it and never miss to watch. The magic of this Korean drama was the Struggle of a young Korean woman Jang Geum who wants to be one of the Royal cook in the Royal Palace, and the most exotic thing which I feel was the music and the OST.

With the same sense of nostalgia, I am posting here the lyrics of theme song with English translation......thank you :)











Dae-Jang-Geum (Jewel in the Palace)
Korean lyrics:

Onara onara aju ona
Gadara Gadara aju gana
Nanari daryeodo mot nonani
Aniri aniri ani none

Chorus: He-i-ya di-i-ya heiyadara nino
Ojido mothana daryeo gama
Eiiya-diiiya eyanara niro
Ojido mothana daryeo gama

English translation:
If I asked to come, will he really come?
If I asked to leave, will he really leave?
Even after waiting for countless days, we will not be together
Nay, nay, it is nay

Chorus:
Heiiya-diiya heiiyadara nino
You cannot come, so take me instead
Heiiya-diiya heiiyadara nino
You cannot come, so take me instead
(courtesy:http://lyrics-translations.com/)

3 comments:

  1. Is it available these program in hindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh mujhe hindi dubed mein kahan mil jyega full

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow doordarshan ki best serial rahi hai... Mujhe iska hindi version chahiye kyuki mai ise hindi me dd1 par dekh chuka hu 2007 me isliye mujhe hindi hi chahiye... Please tell me....Provide me. I have
    haven't idea about hindi dubbed......Please available to us......

    ReplyDelete